Welcome to my Blog

Have fun on this blog, and share your thoughts

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

School Science Projects


My 8yr old had a science project that was a big weight of her final grade. She was assigned a 3D dimensional project of Uranus. She had to write a report, a short story and the 3D Dimensional project. What I don't understand is why is it was so difficult?
The project requirement I believe were difficult for her to do, and for the last three years these end of the year projects are similar in difficulty. I guess what realy gets to me is that in order for our children t get good grades we have to be in charge of the project. In reality the project is 75% Parent involvement and 25% child.
Last year I let my daughter do all the work her self, with only minimal help. I guided her toward the requirements but did not do it, and she got a C-. This year she got an A, but I participated in the project far too much than I should have.
So, I guess my problem is if these projects are necessary. In the other hand, shouldn't the students be trying their very best on their own?


http:/www.greatschools.org/student/academic-skill /whose-scienceproject-is-it-anyway.gs?content=209>



No comments:

Post a Comment