Welcome to my Blog

Have fun on this blog, and share your thoughts

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Open House


OK, I am guilty of being annoyed by having to attend open house. The truth is that it is very important and we can not put it off. An excellent example of why open house is so important is: it only comes twice a year.
DING, DING, DING, are you listening?
"I sure hope so!"

At the first open house this year I found out that my daughter was falling behind on her reading. The teacher informed me that everyday after school the library is open for tutoring. Currently my daughter has exceeded her grade level reading and is reading at a higher grade level.

Another reason is, the following year is as important as the current one. This last open house my daughters teacher told me that based on my daughters ability's, and studding habits she should be placed in this certain class because she would best benefit from this teachers teaching techniques.
My only question is, why would a parent not want to obtain this important feedback?



No comments:

Post a Comment